The AAC(UK) is one of the largest UK Mountaineering Clubs with over 13,000 UK and overseas members. The principal benefits of membership, at no extra charge, are:
- Mountain Rescue Insurance; worldwide, without age limit and inclusive of repatriation;
- Alpine Hut Rights; discounted accommodation costs in alpine huts belonging to the National Alpine Mountaineering Federations.
In addition, membership brings many other benefits
AAC(UK) uses Pay360 to process credit and debit card payments securely.
If you are interested in any aspect of mountaineering, we warmly invite you to join
- FREE HUT MAP for members! The 1:500,000 map locates and names all the huts in Austria, gives contact details and elevations, and shows whether they are accessible by ski, foot, bike etc! Let us know in the office if you’d like one! If you request one as part of a merchandise order, or request one to be sent with your membership card, then map postage is FREE for a limited time! (please request one in the comments section when applying for membership). If not being sent with anything else, then postage is just £1.50UK, £1.70 outside the UK. Please contact the office for your copy.
- The Spring Newsletter will be published on 1 March. Copy dates for the Summer Newsletter – Copy and photos should be sent to the Newsletter Editor (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday 7 April. Copy for all meets should be sent to the relevant meet co-ordinator by 24 March. (Note that you may send 2 sets of meet information, one for the newsletter and one for the web site (which may include your meet sheet, booking form and photos).
- Equipment recall notice – this may affect your safety! (Updated 27/04/2016) For more info and other recall notices see related link on the ÖAV website.
- 3 minute video clip – Alpenverein – Wege ins Freie.
- 4 minute video clip – Stubai Alps.
- 11 minute video clip – The Old Man of Stoer – Sutherland
- 2016 Hut Fund donation – € 10,000 donated to Sektion Schwaz for refurbishment at the Kellerjochhütte (Tuxer Alpen)
Special General Meeting and Incorporation at Hollowford Centre, Castleton, on 8 October 2016
The SGM was called to transfer the Club to a Private Company Limited by Guarantee. The new Articles and Bye-laws of the Austrian Alpine Club (UK) Limited were accepted (replacing the Club’s Constitution and Standing Orders) and a Transfer Date of mid-November was agreed so that all 2017 memberships will fall within the remit of the new company. The Articles of Association and Bye-Laws can be seen here, click on the links.
[Updated 15 February 2017]
Membership for 2016 has now expired! Click here to apply for or renew Membership for 2017.
Photo of the Month
We would like to feature in this position a photograph of members taking part in a recent Club Activity, and we would like to change it regularly. If you can contribute, please email photographs and descriptions to the Webmaster.