The AAC(UK) is one of the largest UK Mountaineering Clubs with over 11,000 UK and overseas members. The principal benefits of membership, at no extra charge, are:
- Mountain Rescue Insurance; worldwide, without age limit and inclusive of repatriation;
- Alpine Hut Rights; discounted accommodation costs in alpine huts belonging to the National Alpine Mountaineering Federations.
In addition, membership brings many other benefits
If you are interested in any aspect of mountaineering, we warmly invite you to join
- 2016 AGM Weekend – October 7 – 9: Castleton, Derbyshire. The weekend was a huge sucess, photos and details will follow soon.
- The office has moved! See Contact Us page for new address details.
- Equipment recall notice – this may affect your safety! (Updated 27/04/2016) For more info and other recall notices see related link on the ÖAV website.
- Copy dates for the Winter Newsletter – Copy and photos should be sent to the Newsletter Editor (email@example.com) by Friday 7 October. Copy for all meets should be sent to the relevant meet co-ordinator by 24 September. (Note that you may send 2 sets of meet information, one for the newsletter and one for the web site (which may include your meet sheet, booking form and photos)).
[Updated 11 October 2016]
Membership for 2016 will expire at the end of January 2017. Membership for 2017 will be available from late November/early December 2016. Only apply for 2016 membership if you will be travelling before 1 December 2016.
Photo of the Month
We would like to feature in this position a photograph of members taking part in a recent Club Activity, and we would like to change it regularly. If you can contribute, please email photographs and descriptions to the Webmaster.